Here are 10 tips to make your video CV effective:
1. The video CV should, in my opinion, be seen as a complement to the CV. Video gives context and insight into your personality but will not replace the traditional CV anytime soon.
2. Give a human touch and meaning to your application by explaining why you are applying for the job, why you are the right person, what you are looking for in a job, your personality and your main character traits.
3. Who is your video for? Adapt your message, content and form to your recipient.
4. A video CV requires preparation, a framework. Plan your text in advance, show that you are sociable and dynamic rather than reciting it!
5. The non-verbal, the attitudes, the dress code and the setting must be in line with the content of the video and the position for which you are applying. Respect the codes of a type of function, a more traditional company or a job as a creative or IT developer!